Tuesday 27 November 2012

Okanagan Mountains

As winter quickly approaches in the Okanagan so do the clouds. The other day I was coming back from town and the sun was shining so brilliantly in one spot on the lake I couldn't help but stop and take a picture. I loved the texture of the clouds, the misty illusion over the mountain, while up close you see the intense colour of the leaves. I think that this will be my next fiber art piece. 

A fall morning in Peachland, BC all copyrights reserved
Currently I am working on completing my Bachelors of Health Sciences Degree so my sewing time has been cut drastically. I often say to my husband while I am working on my studies... "Do you hear it... my sewing machine is calling my name..." he always gets a kick out of it. I do try however to quilt or do my fiber art for at least 1-2 hours a day. I find its best after the kids are gone to bed. Its always challenging to balance a persons work and hobby life. Last week I sold a large portion of my postcards, cards and fiber art so I am down to a minimal supply, which is why there is not much on my site at this point. I will however have lots of time over Christmas so you will see lots of fabulous things come January.  Currently I am working on a few pieces for some classes I will be teaching come January. I think that the group will be excited, I know I am.

Here's a post card I did up last night. My goal this year was to send out christmas postcards rather than letters to all my friends and family, this way they had a small piece of me coming through the mail. I know that my relatives will keep what I send them for years.



All of my mom's siblings are incredible at art and music. Some of them carve wood, lime stone etc..., while others paint. Several years ago they did a show called 7 sisters and 2 brothers where each of the siblings displayed their art. The show was a huge success. Since my mom has sold paintings which are all around the world. I often ask her if she would ever like to quilt with me and her response is No way... She spent hours sewing barbie clothes for us and to sell when we were small and since then she has not sat at a sewing machine since. Though I cannot fully understand why anyone would not love to quilt, however she is passionate about painting and I am happy for her.

Now I must get back to the books so that I can spend time with my sewing machine tonight!

Take care,
Coleen

1 comment: