Friday 15 March 2013

Okanagan BC Photos

 There are two things in nature that absolutely draw me in. The first is my absolute love for waterfalls, I could spend days sitting by a waterfall and never get tired of it. We are very fortunate here in Peachland to have our own waterfall within walking distance. I take my kids for a hike to the falls sever times a year, they really love it when the salmon are running they say it makes the falls that much more interesting. 
Hardy Falls, Peachland BC
Hardy Falls, Peachland BC
My second passion is trees. Crazy some might think, but for me I think they are amazing. There are so many different varieties and you will never see 2 identical trees. My husband and I went on a hike the other day and I had the opportunity to snap a couple of really interesting photos. My goal this year is to do a huge variety of different landscape quilts using a variety of different techniques. I should have some really great pieces posted on here by July. However, in the mean time I figure I will share with you some of my photos.

Peachland, BC
All copyrights reserved. 

I showed this picture to my husband and asked him what he thought. His comments.... "its a dead tree." For me I see so much more. I love how intricate the branches are on this tree, they twist and curl. Remember when we were kids and we were asked to draw trees in school. I cannot ever remember drawing a tree that would like like this one, rather my branches were straight. I think that now that I am older, and the fact that I am passionate about art quilting I now take the time to stop and rally soak in my surroundings. Its amazing what we actually notice when we slow down and take the time.

Peachland, BC
All Copyrights reserved

I know that you might have difficulty seeing this but to the left of the amazingly tall tree is my husband standing on the edge of the cliff. He was only about 10 feet from the tree but he looks so small. My husband stands just shy of 6 feet tall and in comparison to the height of that magnificent tree he is tiny.

Peachland, BC
All Copyrights reserved
The tree on the far left had all shorter branches on it with the exception of this one long branch sticking out to the right. I did manage to go back last weekend on a sunny day and get some much better images of these trees with the blue sky in the background. Unfortunately I have not uploaded them so I will have to share with you a few more amazing shots when I do.

Well for now that is a sneak peek of some pictures that I will be using bits and pieces of for my future threadplay works. Keep watching and I will share with you some previews along the way.

Till next time Happy Quilting!!

Coleen

No comments:

Post a Comment