Wednesday 3 August 2016

Art in progress:

Summer is my favourite time of year. I find nothing more relaxing than to drive around and snap some photos of the landscape that surrounds us. The vast majority of the art I produce is based off photos I have taken at one point in time or another. For example... here are a few shots I have taken recently.

Copyright Coleen Adderley
Copyright Coleen Adderley
 Copyright Coleen Adderley
Copyright Coleen Adderley
 Copyright Coleen Adderley
Copyright Coleen Adderley
Copyright Coleen Adderley

Using your photos as a source of inspiration lets you both take your photography to a whole new level but also helps you to identify what it is you like or dislike about certain photos. Now lets take those photos and turn them into art... Here is a picture of me doing just that.


The top image is my thread painted version of the photo below it. There are still a few things I have left to do but its almost finished. I encourage you to take one of your photos and try to replicate it. If you are intimidated by the thought let me know as I would be more than willing to come teach in your area, or you can join me in my studio for a lesson.

Hope the photos you take this summer will inspire your to try something new.

Happy quilting,
Coleen



No comments:

Post a Comment