Thursday 2 January 2014

New Year, New Creations!

Happy New Year everyone! I hope each of you had a wonderful New Years Eve and even better New Years Day. 

Craig (my husband) and I took our girls up the mountain tobogganing yesterday. We are fortunate enough to live a 7 minute drive from the BEST toboggan hill ever. So we spent the day sledding, and roasting hotdogs and marshmallows on the bonfire we lit. Like usual I pull our my camera and snap photos  like crazy. For Christmas my husband bought me a new DSLR camera. I LOVE IT!! Check out some of the photos I snapped…

© All Rights Reserved by Coleen Adderley
 While the girls were sledding I took the opportunity to hike up the mountain and came across natures snow roses. At some point snow started to fall down the hill and created these beautiful flowers. I was completely amazed at the beauty and wanted to capture  this to share with my fellow friends.

© All Rights Reserved by Coleen Adderley
Natures Beauty!
 As we drove up the mountain there was a thick fog everywhere making the forest look so magical. However as we approached the top of the mountain the fog broke and we were in clear blue sky. It felt as if we were on top of the world.

© All Rights Reserved by Coleen Adderley

I often use pictures I have taken as a jumping point when I start to create my fibre art. So I thought I would share with you the beginning of my next large piece…

Summerland, BC
© All Rights Reserved by Coleen Adderley
 Unfortunately the day I went out to snap some beautiful fall photos there was a horrible smoky haze from a fire burning in the U.S. but I couldn't resist as I was not going to be able to get out again for a couple of weeks.



This is just the beginning many more hours, lots more fabric, and loads of thread will eventually bring me to my end result. I will keep you posted with my progress.

I hope this inspires you to get out there and start to create something new!

Happy quilting! 
Coleen 

No comments:

Post a Comment